We’re pleased to finally release the first public testing system image of XDAndroid Gingerbread.
This is, of course, a work-in-progress build. Lots of things don’t work yet. However, what does work is working pretty well. Performance is either on-par with or an improvement over our Froyo versions. This is already a well-polished build. Gingerbread will be very nice when we get all the hardware support updated.
As I said, there is a lot that does not yet work at all. Here’s a list of known issues:
- Google Apps will behave badly from time to time (arrrghhh noted blank window issues, for example)
- GPS is not working (driver needs to be reimplemented) and Location services are generally missing as well
- Accelerometer support is missing (driver needs to be reimplemented)
- Bluetooth is not working, even on TI devices (crashes when activating – disabled in this build)
- Other functionality and stability issues will occur
This has been signed with our release keys, which means you might be able to use a froyo data.img with it, but this is in no way supported (it’s a testing build after all). If you have issues with previous data images, start fresh and try again before reporting issues.
If you try out this build, please let us know of any issues via our IRC channel or bug tracker. Thanks!