We’re pleased to finally release the first public testing system image of XDAndroid Gingerbread.
This is, of course, a work-in-progress build. Lots of things don’t work yet. However, what does work is working pretty well. Performance is either on-par with or an improvement over our Froyo versions. This is already a well-polished build. Gingerbread will be very nice when we get all the hardware support updated.
As I said, there is a lot that does not yet work at all. Here’s a list of known issues:
- Google Apps will behave badly from time to time (arrrghhh noted blank window issues, for example)
- GPS is not working (driver needs to be reimplemented) and Location services are generally missing as well
- Accelerometer support is missing (driver needs to be reimplemented)
- Bluetooth is not working, even on TI devices (crashes when activating – disabled in this build)
- Other functionality and stability issues will occur
This has been signed with our release keys, which means you might be able to use a froyo data.img with it, but this is in no way supported (it’s a testing build after all). If you have issues with previous data images, start fresh and try again before reporting issues.