Here’s a new release for you, folks. This is a major release with a ton of changes, new features, and fixes. Our friend hyc/highlandsun did most of the heavy lifting for this release. Highlights include a rewritten RIL with support for world phones and greatly improved CDMA support; fixes for the media codecs; fixes for MMS on Sprint; increased security with the Superuser app.
A list of changes is included below. The FRX07 system image is available for download now, and will require the use of a new rootfs image, also available now. Additionally, we have a new bundle containing everything needed to enjoy a full FRX07 system.
Note: Due to the incredibly long list of changes, this is a somewhat condensed, terse changelog describing only the overall scope of the changes.FRX07:
- Major frameworks changes for CDMA/GSM dual-mode worldphone support. (hyc)
- Fixes for data connection handling to improve startup time. (hyc)
- Fixes for wifi handling to avoid issues on hanged drivers. (hyc)
- Stagefreight (media codecs) fixes. (hyc/viruscrazy)
- Fixes for Sprint’s wonky MMS markup structure. (hyc)
- Fix MediaScanner not finding audio files (including ringtones) in system.ext2
- Minor GPS driver fixes. (Alex[sp3dev])
- Rename wifi interfaces to wlan0 on all devices (hyc)
- hardware/xdandroid-ril: Major RIL refactoring for improved performance on all devices, and added CDMA/GSM dual-mode worldphone support. (hyc)
- packages/apps/Gallery3D: Switched back to Gallery3D as the gallery app (closes bug #111)
- packages/apps/Mms: Fixes for Sprint’s wonky MMS markup structure. (hyc)
- packages/apps/Phone: Fixes for CDMA/GSM dual-mode worldphone support. (hyc)
- packages/apps/Superuser: Added the Superuser package for authorizing su privileges. This, along with our signed builds, provides greatly increased security for the end user (mostly against malicious apps from the Market).
- system/extras/su: Added as a dependency for the Superuser package
- vendor/qcom/android-open: Include missing stagefright codec symbols. (hyc/viruscrazy)
To coincide with the FRX07 system image, the following rootfs changes have been made:
- init.froyo.rc modifications…
- Adjust wpa_supplicant service for the new abstraction provided by libhardware_legacy, as well as interface rename
- Abstract the hciattach service to provide bluetooth support on both chipsets
- Rename wifi interface to wlan0 on all devices
- apns-conf.xml updated
- keymaps completely reorganized, and RHOD end-call key has been remapped to be the Home key in Android.
- default.prop: set ro.secure=1 to lock down the adb shell – su can be used with the Superuser app to authorize root access in adb if needed.