Hello XDAndroid users! Been a while… but we have another release for you! Build FRX03 is now available hot off the grill. We’re changing things up a bit this time around: we have released both a traditional system image, as well as a small OTA update file (as discussed on here previously).
The recommended method is the OTA update.zip. However, for users who don’t have a completely original FRX02 to upgrade from, the system.ext2 file will be necessary.
Here’s a list of changes in the new build:
- Disable slow background blurring for some dialogs (thanks emwe)
- Internal improvements to auto-backlight implementation (emwe)
- Disable JIT by default for various stability improvements
- Updated gapps package (20101114)
- Bugs fixed:
Downloads are available here: system-FRX03.ext2.zip and the OTA update-FRX03.zip.
OTA Update procedure (ONLY for users with the original, unmodified signed FRX02 system image):
- Download update-FRX03.zip to SD card in the same directory as startup.txt and haret, etc
- Rename update-FRX03.zip to update.zip
- Boot haret, watch the updater go
- After updater finishes, it may either reboot or “freeze” (reboot not implemented on device), reboot manually if it freezes
- Boot haret again, and the new system will start up
Thanks again for using XDAndroid!