Evening folks. Got another release for you tonight!
Decent list of changes…
- Further keyboard size fixes, should be perfect now (and goes fullscreen in landscape)
- Updated Google apps package (Books phone version is now included)
- Switched to GLES1.1 library with patches from bzo (you probably won’t see much difference here)
- Phone app switched to touch-friendly in-call user interface (and fixed its layout on Raph)
Regressions from the last system image that were fixed:
- Added the missing camera bits
- Re-added a graphical speed-up that was accidentally lost in merge
A few of these changes are important.
The software keyboard should be considered functional (but with some small bugs) at this point. If you see any issues, please report them on the bug tracker after searching for them to make sure it’s not a dupe.
The Phone app change is important for a couple reasons. On Rhodium, this allows us to set the end-call key to Home without crippling the user in a call, since there’s now a nice big button on the screen for hanging up. This will be further improved by implementing the proximity sensor. Our support for VGA devices precluded using this UI due to the buttons blocking some of the dialpad keys in the in-call screen. This has been fine-tuned to be useful on both resolutions.
Google Apps speaks for itself. Updated stuff, woo.
Anyway, without further ado, you may download the updated system image.